Here’s an article on how to create a Group in Yammer through SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Yammer- Create Group” and how to use it while developing the workflow.
This action assists to create groups on Yammer through workflow. Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the List tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflow.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Yammer- create group” either by right clicks on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
- Authorizing user: Specify the user id for yammer of the user who will create the group.
- Group Name: Provide the name of the group.
- Group Description: Provide the description for the group.
- Set to Private: Specify whether you have to set the group as private or not.
- Create successful: Select a variable to store the message of the successful creation of the group.
- Group URL: Select a variable to store the url of the group created.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the screen below.
- Give your workflow a name
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
a. You can either start your workflow manually.
b. Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created.
c. Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish
- Your workflow will get published.
So in this article we saw how to do Create Group in Yammer through SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This action helps to create groups through an easy and direct way using Nintex. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Until then, keep learning!