Welcome to an article on how to perform Office 365 user access management in SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Office 365 user access management” and how to use while developing the workflow.
This action assists to manage user access on SharePoint where you can either block the user or delete it. Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the LIST tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflow.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Office 365 user access management” either by right click on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
- Username and domain: Specify the username and domain of the user you want to manage.
- Update access: Select upon the options Block Or Delete to manage the user’s permissions.
- Administrator Username: Specify the username of the person who is the admin and have access to run the workflow.
- Password: Specify the password.
- Access update successful: Select a variable to store the message of the successful run of the workflow.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the following screen:
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
a.You can either start your workflow manually.
b.Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created
c.Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
So in this article we saw how to do user access management in SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This action will help us to manage the user’s access directly when the workflow executes thereby saving time and effort.. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning!