Welcome to an article on “Enable or Disable Fields using rule in Nintex Forms on SharePoint 2013 & Office 365.” This article will be used for every simple form you build on Nintex in SharePoint so I would like to walk you through this functionality on Nintex.
Sometimes we need to enable or disable fields based on a Yes/No field or a check box. In this article we will see the same functionality using rules.
Let’s see how.
- On your list or library ribbon, click on Nintex Forms.
- You will reach the Nintex Designer View as per the screen below.
- In our case, I have created a Enable/Disable, a yes/no column check box with the default title field and on the selection of the check box will try to enable the title field which will be disabled by default.
- So, let’s add a rule.
- On your right corner of the designer you will find a button Add Rule.
- Click on it.
- The below Rules bar will open.
- On the bar, click on Add and configure your rule,
a. Name :- Provide a name to the rule.
b. Rule Type:- As for our case it will be ‘Formatting’.
c. Condition:- Our condition will be not(EnableDisable) which means if my field is not checked in, it
should be a valid rule.
d. We have checked in the ‘Disable’ check box so our field will be disabled unless the condition is
- Let’s publish the form now after making the changes.
- Once you click on Publish, click on Create New Item.
- The screen below of the new form opens with the field disabled by default.
- Now when you will check the Enable/Disable field check box.
- The rule will apply and our Title field will become enabled.
- And it will apply vice versa when you check out.
Here you saw in this article how to enable or disable fields based on yes /no check box. Keep reading articles and keep learning.