Welcome to the 12th Site template, Publishing Site with Workflow in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. This will be the parts of my article stating “Site Templates in SharePoint 2013/Office 365” here we will see what the components available are. We will see what Publishing Site with Workflow template provides us.
Click on create a new site, the following form opens.
- Title and Description:
- Web Site Address: Here you can make it different from your default site name.
- Template Selection: Here you have an option to select the language and to choose a site from a template having many options.
Here in this article we will be seeing Publishing Site with Workflow under publishing group so select it.
- Permissions: Here you can assign permission to the site directly either by inheriting the permissions from the parent or assigning it unique permissions.
- Navigation Inheritance: Using this option you can inherit the same navigation as your parent site.
- Click on Create, It will create the site.
Welcome to the Publishing Site with Workflow, as in the screen below we can see the Home Page of the Publishing Site.
Let’s see what it has for us.
Initially when the site is created, the page is not yet published for other users. Once you are ready for the changes on your publishing site, you can click on publish and it will be available for all users as in the screen below.
Here we have the contents of the site that consists of:
- Documents: It is a library that contains all the documents in the site.
- Images: It is a library that contains all the images in the site.
- Pages: It stores all the pages of the site.
- Power BI: Microsoft provides comprehensive BI tools that integrate across Office applications and other Microsoft technologies. These tools enable analysis, reporting, dashboards and visualizations.
- Workflow Tasks: It stores all the tasks in the site.
Finally we can see the site settings, that you can see from the previous blogs on Site Settings in SharePoint 2013 at C# Corner.
Here it was a Publishing Site with Workflow , there is more to come.
Until then, Keep Learning.